Discover Scuba Diving
Who Should Take This Class?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. Adventure Scuba Center offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. To sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
What You'll Learn
- You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure.
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
- You can sign up for a course by visiting the calendar, finding the course you are interested in and clicking the course to sign up via the form. If the course is not listed, or you prefer to sign up another way, you can stop by or by call the shop at 775.826.5333.
Adventure Scuba Center runs Discover Scuba Sessions in the pool or at Sand Harbor in Lake Tahoe. Come in get fitted for gear and let's go try it out. We will spend about an hour in the pool. We will explain some of the things you will do in
the pool and we will have fun. If you like it and want to contiune on and earn your Open Water Certification with in 1 year, we will credit you $25.00 of your fee to the class.
Discover Scuba Diving
$50 per person
$25 off your scuba class if you want to continue with the Open Water Scuba Diving Course
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases