Classes and Trips
- This event has passed.
PADI Dive Master
March 14 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Who Should Take This Class?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you
not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do. The Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like
perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere. As a Divemaster, you’ll
lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. Divemasters are respected dive
professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world. Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
What You’ll Learn
The Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety
of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
- You can sign up for a course by visiting the calendar, finding the course you are interested in and clicking the course to sign up via the form. If the course is not listed, or you prefer to sign up another way, you can stop by or by call the shop at 775.826.5333.
Adventure Scuba Center run Divemaster class when requested. Divemaster is a intense program that requires dedication and time. Divemaster is also available as elearning, start now. Class starting March 14th 2018.
$800 per person
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases