Rescue Diver Class
Who Should Take This Class?
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing
that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between
the focused learning. PADI (Junior) Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary
Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. You can complete this training during the Rescue Diver course. Your instructor may also offer the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty diver course at the same time.
What You'll Learn
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you
put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
- You can sign up for a course by visiting the calendar, finding the course you are interested in and clicking the course to sign up via the form. If the course is not listed, or you prefer to sign up another way, you can stop by or by call the shop at 775.826.5333.
Adventure Scuba Center runs the Rescue Course several time a year. Call for details.
Discover Scuba Diving
$340 per person
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases