Who Should Take This Class?
Exploration, excitement and experiences are what scuba diving is all about. The Advanced Open Water Diver course is designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
What You’ll Learn
- You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
- During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving.
- The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kickcycles, visual landmarks and time.
- The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
With your instructor, you will choose the Adventure Dives you want to experience and learn from. Each builds your abilities, confidence and thinking skills while focusing on a diving specialty. There is quite a list to choose from. In your manual, you will find the list of possibilities.
Advanced Open Water
$215 per person
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases during this class.