Who Should Take This Class?
Want to stay warm? Want to extend your scuba diving season? Then dive dry. A dry suit seals you off from the water and keeps you comfortable, even in surprisingly cold water. There is incredible diving in the world’s cooler regions and in some areas,
conditions are even better in colder months. Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, more often. If you’re at least 10 years old and certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher, you can enroll
in the Dry Suit Diver course.
What You’ll Learn
The first thing you’ll discover is which dry suit style and accompanying undergarments are right for you and the diving you’ll do. Then you’ll learn how to take care of your dry suit. During two dives, in addition to a confined water dive, you’ll practice:
- Putting on and taking off your dry suit with minimal assistance.
- Mastering buoyancy control using your dry suit.
- Dive safety procedures when using a dry suit.
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
- You can sign up for a course by visiting the calendar, finding the course you are interested in and clicking the course to sign up via the form. If the course is not listed, or you prefer to sign up another way, you can stop by or by call the shop at 775.826.5333.
The Dry Suit Course is a 2 dive certification course. You will have a pool session or confined open water session and then 2 scuba dives. The confined or pool session will teach you some of the finer points of diving with a dry suit. If you add Dry Suit on with Open Water Class, you will need to purchase the Adventures in Diving manual to have the Dry Suit Section and Knowledge Reviews. The Price of the Adventures in Diving manual is $56.00
Dry Suit Diving Private
$150 per person
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases