Who Should Take This Class?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular
and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
What You’ll Learn
- Knowledge Development (independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
- You can sign up for a course by visiting the calendar, finding the course you are interested in and clicking the course to sign up via the form. If the course is not listed, or you prefer to sign up another way, you can stop by or by call the shop at 775.826.5333.
Adventure Scuba holds Basic Open Water Scuba Diving Classes twice a month during the summer months and once a month during the winter months at Lake Tahoe.
All classroom sessions are held at Adventure Scuba in our classroom. Pool sessions are held at either the City of Reno’s Northwest Pool, Carson City Aquatic Center or a private indoor heated pool depending on the class size. Students meet at Adventure
Scuba for the pool sessions to pick up gear and added instruction, then make their way to the pool.
Open Water Scuba Dives are held at Sand Harbor State Park at Lake Tahoe. http://parks.nv.gov/parks/lake-tahoe-nevada-state-park Students are required to pick up their rental gear for
the Open Water Sessions on the Friday before their open water scuba dives. Students are also required to return to Adventure Scuba after the Saturday dives to return and pick up tanks for Sunday’s dives. All gear is to be returned
before 6pm on the following Monday or a daily rental fee will be incurred until it is returned.
Our Open Water Class is $420.00 per person for classroom, pool, open water dives and rental gear for open water dives. Students are to provide their own mask, snorkel, fins, gloves and boots which we call “Personal Gear”.
Our Winter Schedule is from October to May with 1 Open Water Class per month. Our Summer schedule starts in June through September with 2 Open Water Classes per month.
Group Open Water
$420 per person
Private Open Water
$740 per person (gear included)
$600 each for 2
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases