Who Should Take This Class?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
What You’ll Learn
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills in a pool or shallow, confined water.
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore the underwater environment.
Required for Course
- Class space is limited, please call the shop at 775-826-5333 for more info.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
Adventure Scuba Center conducts Basic Open Water Scuba Diving Classes every month.
All classroom sessions are held at Adventure Scuba Center in our classroom. Pool sessions are held at either the City of Reno’s Northwest Pool or Carson City Aquatic Center.
Open Water Scuba Dives are held at Sand Harbor State Park at Lake Tahoe. http://parks.nv.gov/parks/lake-tahoe-nevada-state-park .
Our Open Water Class is $430.00 per person for classroom, pool, open water dives and rental gear. Students are to provide their own mask, snorkel, fins, gloves, and boots which we call “Personal Gear”.
Group Open Water
$430 per person (rental gear included)
Private Open Water
$740 per person (rental gear included)
$600 each for 2
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases