Who Should Take This Class?
Skin diving is snorkeling while making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The Skin Diver course
teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination. To enroll in a PADI Skin Diver
course, you must be at least 8 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience is required.
What You'll Learn
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling and skin diving techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel and performing effortless surface dives.
- Going on an optional skin dive at a local dive site.
Required for Course
- Class space is limited and signing up does not guarantee a spot, please call the shop at 775.826.5333 to find out availability.
- You must stop by the shop to pick up course materials and to pay for the course.
- Course homework is required to be done prior to the first class.
- You can sign up for a course by visiting the calendar, finding the course you are interested in and clicking the course to sign up via the form. If the course is not listed, or you prefer to sign up another way, you can stop by or by call the shop at 775.826.5333.
Snorkeling Group Class (2 or more persons)
$60 per person
Snorkeling Private Class
$75 per person
Students receive a 10% discount on any gear purchases